SABRIC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Developer: BI SQL within the Technology team.
The Technology team’s purpose is to implement, maintain and support the systems and infrastructure that support the organisation in meeting its strategic objectives, enabling the organisation’s resources and members to collaborate and work together in a stable and secure environment to achieve the organisation’s shared strategic vision.
This position of Senior Developer: BI SQL, is to build end-to-end integration for data that will be shared across SABRIC and with the industry; and:
- To develop, maintain, enhance, and support the information systems that support the delivery and processing of industry data and of industry products and services.
- To develop, maintain, enhance, and support integration through APIs between SABRIC’s information systems and those of our members to facilitate collaboration and the exchange of information.
Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or relevant equivalent experience
Certified MCSD or relevant equivalent experience
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required
- 5 to 8 years current BI development experience
- 5 to 8 years BI database and cube development experience.
- Understand and be able to apply common development processes, e.g., change management, release management, etc.
- MS SQL BI and Data Warehouse
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher, including:
- Database design, incl. BI databases
- Stored procedures
- C# - Latest .Net framework
- Web applications
- HTML 5
- MDX, DMX and DAX
- Web Service and API Development
- Power BI
- Ability to produce secure application code
Software Development and Configuration
- Develop, enhance, maintain and support information systems and system-to-system integration mechanisms, i.e., APIs, where applicable.
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and support in house applications.
- Ensure that the source code for in house applications is managed.
- Design and develop data warehouses and all BI reporting needs.
- Design and develop data marts and cubes used in business intelligence analysis.
- Design, develop and modify data extraction and transformation routines for data warehouses.
- Ensure that application code is secure and complies with relevant standards, e.g., OWASP.
- Assist suppliers with the configuration of identified data extraction tools and integration.
- Document and maintain in-house systems, configuration, and operational documentation.
- Participate in the requirements analysis process.
- Remain up to date with emerging technology that can improve the delivery of SABRIC’s services.
- Work with the end user to confirm the reporting needs and determine whether existing data warehousing meets them.
- Carrying out any other duties relating to laws of the country, or the organisation generally as may be directed by the Legal, Policy, Risk and Compliance Champion.
Database Development and Support
- Develop new and maintain existing BI databases.
- Liaise with DBA to ensure that databases containing card information are encrypted.
- Adhere to all policies, follow all processes, and produce and store audit evidence.
- Test for and remove vulnerabilities in code.
- Adhere to the Change Management Process, produce required Change Management documentation and obtain approvals prior to releasing changes into production.
- Remediate audit findings when required.
- Remediate vulnerabilities identified during scans and penetration tests when required.
- Understand and apply best practice in the development environment.
Cross Role Support
- Serve as backup to the other developers when required.
- Perform DBA function when required.
- Perform DevOps support when required.
- Document all in-house application configurations and processes.
- Assist with the documentation of training manuals when required.
Behaviours and Competencies
Self-driven, goal oriented with a positive attitude, and a clear focus on service delivery;
Mature, credible, reliable, well presented, and business-like, with good communications and interpersonal skills;
Ability to communicate patiently with users at all levels;
Ability to work well alone or as part of a team;
Organised, analytical and capable of identifying and solving problems;
Keen for new experience and responsibility;
Ability to work well under pressure;
Proactive with integrity.
Access to a stable internet connection, preferably fibre with a bandwidth no less than 10Mpbs
Able to commute reliably to office when required
Must have a vehicle and driver’s license
Able to work extended hours when required
Remuneration and Package
Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence.
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents, and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
It is confirmed that by submitting information to SABRIC, the applicant consents to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use or disclosure in the recruitment process in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
Should you not be contacted two weeks hereafter, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please click HERE to DM us your CV and cover letter in PDF format, as well as your contact details.