SABRIC is a Non-Profit Company based in Midrand, established to combat crime in the Banking & Cash in Transit industries. The company facilitates interbank collaboration and interfaces with a range of external organisations and public and private partners, most notably to progress crime risk mitigation initiatives.
The company has a challenging opportunity and is looking to appoint a Researcher
This is a key role reporting to the Head: Strategic Services
As a Researcher, you will perform research requested by SABRIC members or management, interpret the results and present your findings in research products designed to service the needs of SABRIC members. You are also required to stay abreast of financial services innovation and crime trends across the globe, and to proactively conduct and communicate research that will benefit SABRIC member banks in their efforts to mitigate crime risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Victimology, Economics (Banking)
- 5 years proven experience in research
- Excellent English writing skills
- Sound technical knowledge re research methodologies etc.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Communication: need to be able to speak and write about findings clearly, as well as understand assignments and instructions.
- Attention to Detail: Finding the right information takes concentration.
- Critical Thinking: need to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in the research.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to interpret research results and apply the findings to align with long term strategic objectives.
- Technical Skills: need to be able to use computers to research information as well as record findings and be able to apply best practice research methodologies
- Analytical Skills: need to be able to collect, gather, visualize and interpret information and to develop a different hypothesis for the different problems or situations, not limited to a specific view.
- Coordinate with members and management to determine research objectives
- Work in accordance to project brief and deliver frequent project updates
- Develop and direct given research assignments
- Create a plan of action and set research goals and manage them to completion
- Conduct detailed research of intended subject matter according to member needs
- Formulate effective and efficient research processes
- Study crime trends and patterns
- Design surveys, questionnaires, polls etc. specific to research requirements
- Test research methodologies to confirm the intended purpose of evaluation
- Perform fieldwork, structured and semi-structured interviews, concept-test, etc. to obtain knowledge and information
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information
- Identify and consult with SMEs or EWG members
- Understand and utilize the SABRIC Data Hub for research purposes
- Self-audit work and check data for errors, inconsistencies and grammar
- Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, diagrams and suitable text
- Work in a team to achieve departmental goals
- Develop, document, implement and update business processes for the research department
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategy and goals as well as budget requirements
- Design and produce research products that address the needs of SABRIC members and stakeholders ranging from short newsletters to comprehensive research papers
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Self-motivated /Self-starter
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
Must have a vehicle and driver’s license. Under normal operating conditions, this role will work to the usual organizational policies and norms. Able to work extended hours when required.
Remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, in line with qualifications, experience and level of competence. Forward you’re CV to email@example.com on or before 16 August 2019. Should you not be contacted by 23 August 2019 please consider your application as unsuccessful
By applying for this position at SABRIC, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SABRIC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SABRIC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified